P.S Cream Contour Kit Review: Primark Makeup

07:52



Hello Darling, 
There isn't a Primark where I live, the nearest are approximately an hour away from me, so when me and my friend Megan decided to take a trip to Manchester we completely took advantage of the fact there was a huge Primark. While having a little shop I stumbled across the PS stand, which is Primark's own makeup line and decided to have a little browse. I have quite a bit of makeup so I wasn't really in the market for anything new in particular but I did realise I didn't have a really great cream contour kit I usually use other shades of foundation or more often than not a powder. So when I found this little contour kit for only £4 it was straight into my basket and today I decided to review it for any of you who are curious if it is worth the buy. 


The kit came in a little box which included a free brush and then the kit itself which has three shades, a highlight, bronze and contour. The brush isn't bad actually and I did use it when applying the product, however after using the brush a couple times I decided that potentially the brush would be better for other products and opted for using my fingers with these creams or a flat top foundation and then a buffer brush. The initial reason I bought this kit was because after testing the contour shade it was really stunning, super cool toned brown, which I really struggle to find for a cheap price. As well as that, the creams felt like more of a cream to powder formula which is nice as it means the products don't slide and melt off your face as easily. 




Usually I don't do my contour and highlight exactly as I did in this post, but I wanted to copy the little leaflet that came in the set instead of what is my normal. I applied the contour first, followed by the bronze then the highlight. I personally like the contour shade the most, which I expected as it is so cool toned and not too dark for my skin tone. However, the highlight is a bit too dark for what I would want, it less highlights since it is very similar to my skin tone. This is probably due to the fact that there was only one kit, which meant there was no other shade options therefore if these colours are too light or dark for you then there isn't really an alternative which isn't great for variety. 



If you work out the price per product you are getting each cream for around £1.30 which is a complete steal as well as then getting a free brush, I think and for the price and the typical image of Primark I was so incredibly impressed. I will say the kit is more subtle and for everyday rather than stage or photo makeup. As well as this, if you apply too much it can be a bit more tricky to blend out, but as I have used this more I am mastering what's the correct amount. The texture of the product is super lovely and unlike anything I have ever felt, it is no way stiff or waxy which was a nice surprise and I think would be a great alternative to more expensive kits. The great thing also about this is that you're getting all you need, no more than that, as with a bigger kit you're only likely to use 2 or 3 of the shades and then neglect the others which is a waste of money really and at the end of the day it's not going to break the bank even if you only use one shade. 



I don't think I have much left to say, the packaging is sleek and the product is really great, highly recommend to anyone on the look out for new contouring products. 

Do any of you have any other affordable contour products to recommend? Let me know in the comments below! 

Make every second beautiful and have a pretty day, 
Kayleigh xo 


You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Thank you for posting this because I have been using mine but didn't really know how to properly use it! I've recently just bought the W7 cheeky trio contour kit which was £2.99 from a little shop in Durham and it's very nice but the highlight doesn't come out very well, but other than that it's very good! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it helps you! :D I haven't seen the W7 ones but the eye shadows I think are quite good for the price :D
      Ily, Kayleigh xo

      Delete
    2. It definitely has helped! My Mum has the W7 eyeshadows and they look really nice and the In the Nude one is the exact same as my Revolution Iconic 3 palette! Ily <3 xo

      Delete
  2. I love it when you find a hidden gem for such a low price. This sounds like a great deal and the results look really natural on you too.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. I would say it is really natural on me but you have the choice to go a bit harsher.

      Kayleigh xo

      Delete
  3. great post

    New posts every day
    New collection
    Bloggers


    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this kit,it was amazing bargain, it looks amazing on your skin !

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It is a really lovely kit!
      Kayleigh xo

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a really good product for the price. I haven't tried much from the Primark range apart from their oval brushes - which are amazing! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried their brushes, I really want to though.
      Thanks for reading.
      Kayleigh xo

      Delete
  6. I had no idea that Primark had it's own products, but for 4 pounds, I think it's great! You created such a nice contour. The colours are not too grey <3

    xx   B A S H   |   go   say     H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they have had the collection for too long and they're adding to it a lot. Thanks so much, yes it's not too warm but also not too cool.
      Thanks for reading,
      Kayleigh xo

      Delete
  7. I have the Primark contour sticks, and the set comes with three sticks for £4- you got a better deal since you got a brush for the same price! I find them very hard to blend out but you have inspired me to give them another try.
    Gracie https://graciepastelpink.blogspot.com/ Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Google+

Followers

Bloglovin

Follow